Blackbird Security Partners with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture
Since October, public spaces across British Columbia and Ontario have required visitors to display a vaccine card to access non-essential services like gyms, restaurants, bars and movie screenings. This move was designed to help curtail the spread of COVID-19, but the administration of these policies has proved challenging for many organizations. As facilities scrambled to create policies, many untrained staff were forced into frontline administration roles, dealing with aggressive individuals unwilling to comply. This has created a dangerous situation for many public facing staff.
Blackbird Security – Trained for Success in Public Health Enforcement
In the security world, our number one priority is the safety and security of those in the spaces we serve. From early in the pandemic, our team diligently provided support for measures such as social distancing, mask enforcement, and capacity restrictions. Thanks to the expert training our security guards receive through our Blackbird Academy training school, we believe Blackbird Security is uniquely positioned to enforce public health measures. Each of our guards graduates as a customer-service focused security guard, with specific training in written and verbal communications, conflict de-escalation, mental health, and crisis management. Whether in large cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg or more remote and rural areas, all Blackbird Security staff receive some of the best security training in the security industry.
Partnering with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture
When vaccine cards were implemented in Fall of 2021, North Vancouver Recreation & Culture quickly discovered they would need expert support to help administer their program and keep their visitors safe. Blackbird Security answered the call. With just four days of notice, we were able to provide 685 weekly hours of security service to ensure facilities were protected as needed.
Our senior management and supervisors have collaborated closely with NVRC site teams, learning the unique aspects of each facility and providing consistent staffing with security guards who align with the needs of each space. Over time, we have developed trusted and friendly relationships with NVRC staff and public, becoming a welcoming and reassuring presence in their space.
The Benefits of our Relationship with North Vancouver Recreation and Culture
If you need well-trained and experienced support in administering your vaccine card program, Blackbird Security is standing by to help. Like the seven NVRC facilities we protect, here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Our partnership with NVRC has evolved over time, through regular check-ins with NVRC staff and the feedback of our own security guards. We constantly tweak and tailor our services based on this collaborative approach to security.
- We have a vetted, experienced core team who have been trained, coached and are appreciated by NVRC staff and visitors. The key to ensuring Covid protocols such as vaccine passports are being followed is for the security team to educate the public in a friendly and collaborative way.
- Our responsive and fast-acting management team ensures issues are addressed immediately. Early in our contract with NVRC, we noticed some of our team members had issues reaching some of the facilities due to poor transit access. To solve this problem, we employed a staff shuttle service to get our team on-site punctually.
- As we demonstrated with NVRC, we have the capacity to quickly scale up and handle large contracts, leveraging our existing local employee database. This flexibility extends to our ability to staff a wide variety of shifts with varying start times.
- Our flexible and professional approach has seen us currently serve over 1,500 weekly hours of vaccine card administration in sites as diverse as restaurants, hotels, festivals, municipalities and golf courses.
Work with Blackbird Security
The team at Blackbird Security is proud to support our communities as they navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you’re interested in upgrading your security services, we’d love to hear from you. We offer the following range of services to clients across Canada:
Leave a comment