As Canada’s leading provider in campus security, Blackbird Security enjoys partnering with educational institutions to meet their security needs. Schools are one area we’re especially proud to protect, since they’re responsible for raising up a future generation and have campuses in all the main cities we serve.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into how Blackbird Security works with post-secondary institutions to bring peace of mind to students, faculty, and visitors.
Case study: UBC Robson
Blackbird Security’s dedicated guards have been providing first-class protection to the University of British Columbia Robson Street Campus since early 2021. Our team members are proud to perform concierge security duties and patrol security services at this iconic Vancouver location.
Every security guard on our team for the Robson Square site has full OFA-2 Certification, advanced security training, and has graduated from Blackbird Security’s own in-house de-escalation and customer service training courses.
Here are a few of the ways our guards uphold the safety and security of the site’s property and attendees:
- Provide foot patrols and alarm response
- Seek out and mitigate anything that would compromise the safety and security of the site and its personnel.
- Provide customer service to university staff, students, and visitors who visit the campus via the main entrance to attend classes, events, and regular staff operations
- Prevent vagrancy, vandalism, and any other type of crime that could take place on a university campus
- Ensure the building access points and safe and secure and only authorized people enter, serving as a professional visual deterrent
How Blackbird can work with your educational institution
In addition to UBC Robson, Blackbird Security also provides seasonal loss prevention officers to UBC’s main campus bookstore, event security guards for the City of Surrey school district, as well as mobile security patrols and emergency response to the City of Delta School District. This track record of excellence has equipped us with the expertise to provide discreet and effective protection at campuses anywhere in Canada.
Every campus is different. We'll determine the most frequent dangers to your institution during our initial consultation, while also performing our own security and risk analysis. We’ll also devise a customized security strategy to fit the demands of your academic institution. The services we provide to clients in the educational sector include:
- Mobile Patrol Security
- Liaison with local law enforcement
- Enforcement of campus by-laws and regulations
- Campus access control
- Event security
- Crowd control
- Risk assessment
- Safe Walking Programs
Why hire Blackbird Security to protect your campus?
The reality is that most of a security guard's interactions on campus are with students and visitors. This calls for a level of sensitivity and education above what is typical in other workplaces. We provide our security guards with a thorough training program through Blackbird Academy. Our campus security officers get training in Occupational First Aid (OFA), conflict resolution, trauma-informed care, and cultural awareness. In addition to offering top-notch security services, our guards will offer a friendly, customer-focused presence to your campus.
Our guards also have expert experience in responding swiftly and carefully to illegal activity and emergency situations. We provide staff, faculty, and students with a greater sense of safety and security knowing that there is a capable security presence.
Our focus is on:
- Building safety & security (monitoring alarm & fire detection equipment, responding to building intrusion detection systems, parking patrol/enforcement)
- Verbal de-escalation and peaceful conflict resolution when possible
- Using sensitivity, compassion, and communication skills while still maintaining a strong visual presence and deterrent
Campus Security – Partner with Blackbird
At Blackbird Security, we take pride in offering campus security to educational institutions of all sizes. We'd love to hear from you if you need help with security solutions for a campus or educational facility. Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Please note that all job inquiries must be made on Indeed and will be blocked if made on the form below.